EHF Weekend Warm-Up - October 5, 2019
October 5, 2019
By Matt LaRochelle / FedHockey.com
Itâ€™s time for another weekend of hockey in the Eastern Hockey Federation.
Here are some things to watch for the weekend of October 4-6, 2019.
- Connecticut Jr. Huskies vs Providence H.C. (Oct. 5 â€“ R.I. Sports Center)
- Providence H.C. vs Minuteman Flames (Oct. 6 â€“ New England Sports Center)
- Minuteman Flames vs Connecticut Jr. Huskies (Oct. 6 â€“ New England Sports Center)
The top three of the U14 Elite Division will clash this weekend in a trio of games, including a undefeated matchup between Providence (3-0-1, 7 Pts) and the Flames (3-0-1, 7 Pts) on Sunday morning. The Jr. Huskies will look to bounce back after falling to the Boston Jr. Eagle (1-0-0, 2 Pts) last weekend.
2006 â€“ Bantam Minor
- Islanders H.C. vs Mid-Fairfield Jr. Rangers (Oct. 6)
- Game 1 â€“ 12:35 p.m. (@ Stamford Twin Rinks)
- Game 2 â€“ 4:00 p.m. (@ Chelsea Piers)
The last team standing without a loss or tie, the Islanders (6-0-0, 12 Pts) will face their toughest test yet this season when they travel west to take on the second-place Jr. Rangers (5-3-2, 12 Pts).
U18 (Half-Season) â€“ Group 1
- Boston Jr. Huskies (R) vs Boch Blazers (Oct. 5 â€“ Pilgrim Arena)
The Blazers were nearly invincible during the month of September, outscoring the competition by a score of 38-3 to earn a 5-0-0 record (10 Pts). Theyâ€™ll look to continue that trend into October as they welcome a Jr. Huskies squad (5-1-0, 10 Pts) thatâ€™s averaging just over five goals per game.
U18 (Half-Season) â€“ Group 2
- Minuteman Flames (G) vs North Shore Shamrocks (Sept. 28 â€“ Allied Veterans Rink)
Group 2â€™s last two unbeatens will go head-to-head on Saturday. In addition to being the top-two teams in the group, the Jr. Huskiesâ€™ (7-0-0, 14 Pts) and Jr. Monarchs (5-0-1, 11 Pts) boast the best offenses, combining for 97 goals over 13 games.
U16 (Half-Season) â€“ Group 1
- Boston Junior Huskies (R) vs Boch Blazers (Oct. 6 â€“ Hobomock Rink)
In yet another featured matchup featuring the Boston Jr. Huskies (5-0-0, 10 Pts), they will attempt to extend their unbeaten streak while handing the Blazers (6-0-1, 13 Pts) their first loss of the season.
U14 White (Upper Division)
- Crimson Hockey Club vs Boch Blazers (Oct. 5 â€“ Boch Ice Center)
- Boston Bandits vs New England Bulldogs (Oct. 5 â€“ Janas Memorial Rink)
Though theyâ€™re in the middle standings due to number of games played, the Bulldogs (3-0-0, 6 Pts) and Crimson (3-0-0, 6 Pts) are the two remaining undefeated teams in the Upper Division. Both teams will be challenged this weekend as the divisionâ€™s top-two, the Blazers (6-0-1, 13 Pts) and Bandits (4-2-2, 10 Pts), will look to play spoiler.
2006 â€“ Bantam Minor
- Wolverines Hockey vs Palmyra Black Knights (Oct. 5 â€“Klick Lewis Arena)
- Game 1 â€“ 2:45 p.m
- Game 2 â€“ 6:45 p.m.
- Philadelphia Hockey Club vs Wolverines Hockey (Oct. 6 â€“ Woodbridge Community Center)
The â€™06 Wolverines have started their EHF tenure on the right foot, winning both of their September games (2-0-0, 4 Pts). They enter October with a three-game weekend, including a Sunday matchup with an undefeated Philadelphia Hockey Club (5-0-0, 10 Pts).
For more information on the EHF South Division, including schedule and standings, visit the division page on USPHL.com.