EHF Weekend Warm-Up - November 30, 2019
November 30, 2019
By Matt LaRochelle / FedHockey.com
Itâ€™s time for another weekend of hockey in the Eastern Hockey Federation.
Here are some things to watch for the weekend of November 29 â€“ December 1, 2019.
2006 â€“ Bantam Minor
- Bay State Breakers vs Providence H.C. (Nov. 30 â€“ R.I. Sports Center)
- Bay State Breakers vs Minuteman Flames (Dec. 1 â€“ New England Sports Center)
A four-point weekend for the Breakers (6-8-2, 14 Pts) would not only bring them back to .500, but would have them sitting just outside of the divisionâ€™s tightly contested upper-half.
U14 (Black Division)
U14 (White - Upper Division)
- Boston Jr. Terriers (R) vs Providence H.C. (North) (Dec. 1 â€“ R.I. Sports Center)
The Jr. Terriers (8-4-3, 19 Pts) were able to hand PHC North (16-2-1, 33 Pts) their first draw last weekend. Sunday, they look to grab a win on the road and chip away at Providenceâ€™s sizable division lead.
2006 â€“ Bantam Minor (Black Division)
- Crimson H.C. vs New England Bulldogs (Nov. 30 â€“ Janas Memorial Rink)
- Boch Blazers vs Crimson H.C. (Dec. 1 â€“ Thayer Sports Center)
A hard-fought, 2-0 victory by the NorthStars (10-3-1, 21 Pts) last weekend has boosted them into tie for third place along with the Crimson (10-2-1, 21 Pts). With a week to reflect on the loss, the Crimson look ahead to a challenging weekend against the Bulldogs (7-3-2, 16 Pts), and the second-place Blazers (10-4-2, 22 Pts).
2007 â€“ Pee Wee Major (Silver Division)
- Islanders H.C. (East) vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Nov. 30â€“ Porazzo Memorial Rink)
- Game 1 â€“ 10:50 a.m.
- Game 2 â€“ 4:30 p.m.
- North Shore Shamrocks (G) vs Bay State Breakers (Dec. 1 â€“ The Bog)
This weekend will feature a collision of the divisionâ€™s top-four teams. The Shamrocks (11-3-1, 23 Pts) will look to take the season-series win over the Breakers (11-7-1, 23 Pts), while the Jr. Eagles (10-4-1, 21 Pts) can erase the Islandersâ€™ (13-1-1, 27 Pts) four-point lead in the division.
2008 â€“ Pee Wee Minor (White Division)
- Springfield Jr. Thunderbirds vs Manchester Flames (Nov. 30)
- Game 1 â€“ 8:10 a.m. (West Side Arena)
- Game 2 â€“ 11:20 a.m. (JFK Memorial Coliseum)
- Springfield Jr. Thunderbirds vs Boch Blazers (Dec. 1 â€“ Boch Ice Center)
- Springfield Jr. Thunderbirds vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Dec. 1 â€“ Boston Sports Institute)
Undefeated through their first 14 games, the Jr. Thunderbirds (14-0-0, 28 Pts) face a tough four-game road trip.
2009 â€“ Squirt Major (Black Division)
- Northern Cyclones vs Boch Blazers (Nov. 30 â€“ Essex Sports Center)
A victory by the Cyclones (11-1-1, 23 Pts) on Saturday would put them in a tie with the Connecticut Jr. Rangers (12-3-1, 25 Pts) for the division lead.
2006 â€“ Bantam Minor
- Islanders H.C. (East) vs Boston Jr. Terriers (W) (Nov. 30 â€“ Bavis Ice Arena)
The unbeaten Islanders (10-0-3, 23 Pts) currently lead the season series vs the top-ranked Jr. Terriers (14-3-2, 30 Pts) with a record of 1-0-1. They can clinch the series with a victory on Saturday at Bavis.
- Philadelphia H.C. vs CP Dynamo (Nov. 30â€“ Clifton Park Arena)
- Game 1 â€“ 11:30 p.m.
- Game 2 â€“ 4:40 p.m.
For their November finale, Philadelphia (6-2-0, 12 pts) seeks to close the gap against the division leader, CP Dynamo (9-1-0, 18 Pts). The doubleheader is also a meeting of the division leaders in defense, surrendering a combined 30 goals over 18 games.