EHF Weekend Warm-Up - December 7, 2019
December 7, 2019
By Matt LaRochelle / FedHockey.com
Itβs time for another weekend of hockey in the Eastern Hockey Federation.
Here are some things to watch for the weekend of December 6 β 8, 2019
2006 β Bantam Minor
2008 β Pee Wee Minor
- Top Gun vs South Shore Kings (Dec. 8 β Foxboro Sports Center)
- Minuteman Flames vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Dec. 8 β Boston Sports Institute)
Just sitting outside of the top-4, the Flames (8-7-1, 17 Pts) and Top Gun (8-2-5, 21 Pts) look to inch closer to playoff position as the take on the second-place Jr. Eagles (12-1-1, 25 Pts) and fourth-place Kings (12-5-1, 25 Pts), respectively.
- Boston Jr. Eagles vs Boston Jr. Terriers (Dec. 7 β Canton Sportsplex)
- Boston Jr. Eagles vs Minuteman Flames (Dec. 8 β New England Sports Center)
Since going 2-2-1 to begin the season, the Jr. Eagles (15-2-1, 31 Pts) have been rolling with a 13-game winning streak. Theyβll look to extend that through their weekend road trip, including a visit to a Flames (10-4-3, 23 Pts) team looking to strengthen their position in the divisionβs top-four.
U14 (White - Upper Division)
2006 β Bantam Minor (White Division)
- New England Bulldogs vs NorthStars H.C. (Dec. 7 β NorthStar Ice Sports)
- NorthStars H.C. vs Minuteman Flames (R) (Dec. 8 β New England Sports Center)
- NorthStars H.C. vs Islanders H.C. (West) (Dec. 8 β Skate III)
Sitting just inside the playoff bubble in fourth place, the NorthStars (10-3-1, 21 pts) can entrench themselves further by fending off a trio of teams looking to climb up the standings.
With the right results, IHC West (8-3-3, 19 Pts) can potentially jump the NorthStars, while both the Flames (R) (8-7-1, 17 Pts) have the chance to pull even in the No. 4 spot.
2006 β Bantam Minor (Silver Division)
- Boston Jr. Terriers (R) vs Providence H.C. (South) (Dec. 8 β Cranston Veterans Memorial Rink)
- Providence H.C. (South) vs Boston Jr. Terriers (R) (Dec. 8 β Canton Sportsplex)
In a division where seven points separates second place from twelfth, this doubleheader holds elevation opportunities for both teams. For the Jr. Terriers (8-4-4, 20 Pts), a sweep would put them within five points of the idle division leader, IHC East (14-3-1, 29 Pts). For ninth-place PHC South (6-7-3, 15 Pts), a sweep can catapult them straight into the top-half of the standings.
2007 β Pee Wee Major (Silver Division)
NH Jr. Monarchs vs Springfield Jr. Thunderbirds (Dec. 7 β Tri-Town Ice Arena)
- New England Bulldogs vs Boston Jr. Terriers (W) (Dec. 7 β Bavis Ice Arena)
Another fourth-place team looking to defend their position, the Bulldogs (12-3-2, 26 Pts) will look to hold off a tough Jr. Terrier squad (11-2-2, 24 Pts).
The Thunderbirds, now 17-0-0 (34 Pts), successfully navigated through Thanksgiving Weekend and will have one opportunity to extend their streak this weekend.
2008 β Pee Wee Minor (Black Division)
2006 β Bantam Minor
- Manchester Flames vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Dec. 7 β Noble & Greenough School)
Six points stand between Manchester (8-9-2, 18 Pts) from the divisionβs top-half. As they approach the midway point in their schedule, a victory over the Eagles (10-4-4, 24 Pts) would be beneficial to their playoff push in the second half of their season.
2007 β Pee Wee Major
- Hartford Jr. Wolfpack vs Wolverines Hockey (Dec. 7β Woodbridge Community Center)
- Game 1 β 9:15 a.m
- Game 2 β 3:30 p.m.
The Jr. Wolfpack (3-7-0, 6 Pts) are starting to find their rhythm, going 3-2-0 in their last five games with a win over the Rockets (6-2-2, 14 Pts) back on Nov. 24. They can push themselves back into the division race with a road sweep over the second-place Wolverines (7-3-0, 14 Pts), who are attempting to keep pace with a surging CP Dynamo squad (11-1-0, 22 Pts).
- Philadelphia H.C. vs Connecticut Jr. Rangers (Dec. 7)
- Game 1 β 10:00 a.m. (Chelsea Piers)
- Game 2 β 2:10 p.m. (Stamford Twin Rinks)
After a month-long break from league play, Philadelphia (3-1-3, 9 Pts) looks to continue where they left off after handing the Jr. Rangers (7-1-0, 14 Pts) their first loss of the season back on Nov. 9.